Situated on 80 acres of land at about 6,000 feet of elevation, the Dovid Oved Retreat Center offers a full range of services, resources and accommodations for intimate to large group gathering.
We offer full service rentals for corporations, non-profits, schools, synagogues, churches, families, other religious institutions, community groups, corporations, individual family retreats, reunions, and special celebrations. We can also provide the staff and activities for your retreat.
Accommodations:The Dovid Oved Retreat Center features three distinct housing options.
- Hotel-Style Guest Accommodations: >We offer 30 deluxe rooms, each with en-suite bathrooms. Situated on the south end of the property overlooking the San Bernardino Valley, our hotel-style guest rooms are beautifully appointed charming and rustic residences that feel like home from the moment you walk in.
- 36 cabin-style rooms in seven comfortable, newly remodeled buildings. Each cabin-style room offers a private entrance, new carpeting, private bathroom and shower, and sleeps 6-10 in a traditional camp bunk bed configuration. These winterized cabins are perfect for student retreats, family getaways, and more.
- 3 beautiful private homes. Our site offers three beautiful private homes. Each includes a full kitchen, living room, dining room, private deck, multiple bedrooms, bathrooms and some even washer/dryer.
The Malon, with our most luxurious accommodations, is a historic 5-bedroom, 4-bathroom home with a stunning dining room overlooking the San Bernardino Valley.
The Seymour is a 3.5 bedroom 2 bathroom home perfect for a large family.
The Sierra is a beautifully decorated 2-bedroom 2-bathroom home with full kitchen and a charming living room with working wood fireplace.
- Historic Lodge Great Room– with wood burning fireplace and film screening abilities, accommodates 70
- Lodge Library – accommodates 20
- Lodge Dining Hall – elegant 3 level space can be laid out to your needs, incredible views and attached deck
- Beit Midrash – flexible space for prayer, lectures, breakout groups, can accommodate 120
- <Outdoor Beit Knesset/Amphitheater – beautiful outdoor shaded amphitheater with bench seating, available for prayer, lectures, performances, can accommodates 400
- Gindi Chadar Ochel – flexible 10,000 square foot open floor plan building can be used for dining or a variety of other purposes, can accommodate 400
Dining: The Dovid Oved Retreat Center offers a variety of indoor and outdoor dining venues which can personalized to suit your needs!
- Gindi Chadar Ochel: Our largest indoor dining venue. This 10,000 square foot standalone building sits in the heart of our campusn and can seat 400 guests. It has a heating and prep kitchen for drop-catering, and bathrooms within the structure.
- Lodge Dining Room: A beautiful and historic 3 level dining hall that can comfortable accommodate 140 guests. It is situated off the main kitchen of the retreat center and features breathtaking views of entire San Bernardino Valley, as well as an attached wraparound deck for your enjoyment.
- Malon Dining Room: This elegant intimate space can hold up to 40 people and has the charm of a warm home. It is the perfect venue for an private dining experience. The Malon Dining Room is right off a traditional home kitchen where our chef can either prepare food on site for you and your guests or can drop cater from the main kitchen just down the corridor. It too features breathtaking views of entire San Bernardino Valley, and includes an attached porch for a unique outdoor eating experience.
- Outdoor dining is a great alternative almost the entire year. There are patios with breathtaking views and serene tree-covered fields which can be setup for dining as you wish.
Activities: Our 80-acre site offers a wide variety of activities and programming for all ages. We are also happy to arrange for you to enjoy off-site activities in the immediate area (we are 15 minutes away from Snow Valley Mountain Resort, 20 minutes from Lake Arrowhead, and 30 minutes from Big Bear Lake).