Founded by Quakers in 1930, Pendle Hill has more than 80 years of experience offering opportunities for spiritual deepening, engaged learning, and skills training for personal and social change. Whether you are an organizer looking for a retreat or conference center, or an individual seeking space for a personal retreat, or someone exploring life-enhancing study and retreat possibilities, discover what Pendle Hill offers you.
Located on 23 beautiful acres in Wallingford, PA, Pendle Hill is a Quaker center welcoming all for Spirit-led learning, retreat, and community. Guests enjoy our proximity to the Philadelphia airport, Bolt, and Amtrak stations (about 25 minutes from each); our really delicious food; our lovely grounds; and – especially – our warm and caring hospitality for each person.
At the heart of Pendle Hill is a residential study program which encourages a step back from daily life for reflection and discernment. Pendle Hill also offers short-term retreats and workshops led by gifted teachers, a walk-in bookstore, and conference services expertly arranged for your group.
Pendle Hill’s comfortable facilities are ideal for conferences, retreats, and trainings. Pendle Hill offers a relaxing “world apart,” yet is easy to reach. Whether you are planning an overnight retreat for ten people or a week-long conference with up to 80 participants, Pendle Hill will work with you to meet your needs. We offer special discounts on midweek rentals.
The Setting in Wallingford, Pennsylvania:
- Our campus includes 23 wooded acres with over 100 identified trees and shrubs and a mile-long wood-chip trail for walking.
- Landscape features include a garden with a gazebo and small waterfall, and varied ecosystems of forest and lawn, meadow and wetland, vegetable garden and bamboo groves.
- We are easy to reach: our campus is located about 12 miles southwest of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, near a train station and several main roads (I-476 and I-95), and about 20 minutes from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Accommodations, Facilities, and Amenities:
- Stay in a comfortable private or shared room; many rooms are uniquely decorated and each has a desk. Some rooms have private baths; most share family-style baths.
- Meet in a room carefully prepared for your group. Ask us about Wi-Fi, Skype and video conferencing, projectors and screens, wireless microphone availability, and other tech capabilities.
- Browse and relax in our bookstore, library, and art galleries.
- Come to a lecture or concert as your schedule permits.
- Enjoy delicious home-cooked meals which feature vegetables and fruits grown in our organic garden and by local farmers. Our cooks are able to meet a wide variety of dietary needs.
Why do more than 100 organizations choose to come to Pendle Hill for their events year after year?
Here’s what conference organizers have to say about us....
“The setting was utterly peaceful and conducive to this meeting ….Our attendees were comfortable and able to focus on the work.”
“We felt the sense of radical hospitality as a true ministry like no other retreat center that we have been at in the last 9 years.”