For sale for 590,000 Euros
Casa della Pace is one of the better known Retreat Centers in Italy and has been the home for our family during over thirty years. Many hands have collaborated to make it a beautiful, welcoming, unique place. The oldest parts of the building date back to about a thousand years ago, the whole house is registered as a historic building.
It is located 650 meters above see level among wooded hills, 8 km from the nearest village, Pietralunga, at 30-minute drive from Città di Castello and 40 minutes from Gubbio. In an hour drive you can reach Perugia (where the nearest airport is located), Assisi, Arezzo, Urbino.
It is a place immersed in silence, in nature, far from any source of pollution, the building is entirely built of stone according to the traditional Umbrian architecture.
The Center can accommodate up to thirty people and a resident family.
- 7 ground floor rooms all with bathroom.
- 5 rooms on the second floor, sharing three bathrooms.
- An ancient church completely renovated is the studio for yoga and meditation, the surface is 75 square meters.
- 2 dining rooms for a total of 30 comfortable seats.
- Large professional kitchen of 27 square meters plus food warehouse.
- Spacious entrance.
- Internal courtyard of 100 square meters where meals can be eaten outdoors.
- 3 technical rooms for boiler, washing machines, laboratory, warehouses.
- Total living area of the house is about 510 square meters (5500 square feet).
- A campsite with two bathrooms and three yurts and spaces for tents.
- Large garden around the house.
- Small swimming pool.
- An orchard of about 2000 meters mainly provides apples of ancient varieties.
- Water is supplied by an abundant source.
- Approx. 4 hectares of land in property plus the possibility of renting an additional 10 acres of arable land.
- Interesting enlargement possibilities thanks to old uninhabited facilities that can be purchased within a hundred meters.