With a scenic, peaceful setting on approximately 40 acres and commanding views of the ocean, Channel Islands and city lights, this gated Santa Barbara retreat is the opportunity of a lifetime. Originally conceived as a yoga retreat this incomparable, park-like property has been meticulously refined since the 1940s.
Though offered as a turnkey property—currently an established retreat center with global acclaim and nearly 40 years of successful operations, the potential uses for the property are only limited by the imagination. Perfect for an artists’ colony, corporate retreat, event center, healing-rehab center, a small vineyard or just a private sanctuary for anyone who wants to get away from it all, yet still have easy access to everything Santa Barbara has to offer, including the SB airport, this large, well-conceived property has many highlights including:
- 1952 Conditional Use Permit that runs with the land.
- Main Building: Approximately 5,000 square foot building with a 25’ x 60’ great room that has 12-foot ceilings and Balinese Teak Hardwood floors; a Large Kitchen; 12’x 20’ office; 20’x 45’ Yoga/Gathering Space; Small Studio Apartment and Upper Apartment with 2 BD, LR, 1 BA and kitchen; Lower Apartment with a kitchen, LR, 1 BD area and 1 BA.
- Yurt Village
- Sleeping Cabins
- Utility Cabins
- Outdoor Shower Houses
- Developed Campsites
- Underground Meditation Room/Kiva
- Hot Tub and Sauna Bath
- 25’ x 30’ Quonset Hut/Workshop with 220 Volt
- Water: 25 gpm Main Well with two 4,000+ gallon storage tanks. 80 gpm back up well with 5,000 gallon storage.
- Herb, Flower & Vegetable Garden and Outdoor Meditation Circle
- +/-50 mature fruit bearing trees - Citrus, Stone Fruit, Apples and raspberries
- Ample Parking
Whether purchasing as-is and realizing the dream of a lifetime or re-imagining the property to reach new heights, this turnkey retreat is a rare opportunity.
For showings contact Mary Mormann (805)450-9933 or email@example.com
Click on the image below to see the property for yourself: